ADVANCED PRESENTATION TECHNIQUES
a two-day workshop
This workshop helps overcome fear before a group, plan and develop a speech, involve others in an interesting, informative manner. Informative and persuasive speeches are stressed. Use of audiovisuals, platform techniques are stressed during the participant's two presentations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in their current presentation skills.
- Identify strategies to deal with personal fear of public speaking.
- Recognize specific delivery skills and tactics that will enhance their presentations.
- Describe the difference between the topic and the purpose of a presentation and be able to narrow the subject of a presentation to match their audience analysis.
- Practice using a presentation planning template.
- Recognize when to use a variety of facilitation techniques to encourage participation and manage the group process.
- Recognize the difference between open and closed questions and how to use each to facilitate the group process, encourage participation and manage participant input.
- Strategize approaches and describe actions to deal with difficult situations.
- Create a personal action plan for continued self-development.
- One 5-minute and one 10-12 minute practice presentation with video feedback and critique for each
- An opportunity to set an individual development plan for review with manager
- A Presentation Planning Template for future use
Unit 1: Presentation Basics
- Butterflies and what to do
- Delivery techniques
- Types of speeches
- Practice one-minute presentation
Unit 2: Planning the Presentation
- Steps to plan an effective presentation
- Audience Analysis
- Select the topic
- Narrow the topic with a specific purpose
- How to begin
- Plan the middle
- Organize the information
- How to end
- Create Slides with Power
- Effective Visual Support
- Practice Presentation #1
Unit 3: Facilitating Discussions and Meetings
- Facilitation techniques and using questions
- Question and answer sessions
- Difficult Situation Strategies
- Practice Presentation #2
This workshop qualifies for 1.2 of continuing education units.