CONDUCTING SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS
a one-day workshop
CONDUCTING SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS helps you run effective meetings, agenda planning, questioning skills, gaining participation from subordinates, consensus building, eliminating distractions and time wasters. Participants lead discussions as part of the application of this skill.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify and practice planning steps to make a meeting successful.
- Use templates to plan for a meeting.
- Use communication skills to gain participation at meetings.
- Handle problem participants.
- Identify how to help groups make appropriate decisions.
Unit 1: Overview and introduction
- Personal objectives
- Likes and dislikes about meetings
- types of meetings
Unit 2: Planning for Meetings and Follow-up
- Meeting objectives and outcomes
- Analysis of the group
- Schedule, site location
- Agenda preparation
- Leader's outline
- Minutes preparation and follow-up
- Action plan development
Unit 3: Conducting the Meeting
- Mechanics can make or break the meeting
- Use your communication skills appropriately:
Unit 4: Group Dynamics and Leadership Issues
- Participant dynamics inventory
- Getting everyone involved
- Discussion techniques
- Problem participants strategies
- Dealing with an angry participant
- Common group problems
Unit 5: Get Results from Groups
- What is facilitation?
- Scientific approach to problem solving
- Creative thinking
- How we think
- Brainstorming suggestions
- How to make decisions
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.