a one-day workshop
This workshop helps identify techniques to resolve differences with and among employees. A variety of techniques can be tried to fit different situations. Assess personal strength and weaknesses in applying the process. This workshop promotes open communication in a win/win model.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Examine the elements of conflict.
- Select appropriate strategies.
- Define characteristics of assertive, nonassertive and aggressive behavior.
- Deal with the anger of others appropriately.
- Increase your influencing style.
Unit 1: Overview and Objectives
- Definitions of conflict
- Causes of conflict
- Approaches to manage conflict
Unit 2: Inventory Your Style
- Identify conflict situations when assertive behavior is difficult
- Define assertive, nonassertive and aggressive behavior
- How do you see yourself?
Unit 3: Assertion Skills Defined
- Describe the other person's behavior objectively
- Express your feelings positively
- Specify your preferences
- Choose the consequences
- Practice assertiveness skills in typical work situations
Unit 4: Advanced Assertion Skills
- Other causes of conflict
- How to be more influential
- Deal with anger in yourself and others
- Dealing with manipulation
- Dealing with aggression
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.