a one-day workshop
This workshop helps identify techniques to successfully implement change. Techniques to help plan and execute change in a five-step model are presented and applied to the participant's situation. Suggestions are given to anticipate, identify and overcome resistance to change in yourself and others.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify how your role will continue to change in the next few years.
- Describe how you react to transitions.
- Identify how you can transition successfully through nine stages of change.
- Use three strategies to recover from a loss.
- Identify the steps to create a success cycle and be seen as successful by others at work.
- Identify ways to maintain a positive attitude and deal with transitions in a productive manner.
- Identify strategies to help challenging workers perform at an optimum level.
Unit 1: Times of transition
- Change is all around us
- Changing work processes
- How we react to changes
- 9 stages of change
- Overview of strategies to transition through change stages
Unit 2: Strategies for dealing with transitions
- Endings, new beginnings
- Dealing with losses: reframe, replace and reinvent
- Application scenarios
- Create a success cycle
- How your contagious attitude affects your colleagues
- Skills for success
Unit 3: Leading in a transitioning environment
- Leading in a transitioning work environment
- Responding to employee resistance
- Successful vs. effective change
- Anticipate resistance or commitment
- Helping others through transitions
- Change negative attitudes to positive
- Paraphrase for better understanding
- Conflict management strategies
- Summary of skills for leaders
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.