COACHING AND COUNSELING
a one-day workshop
This workshop develops skills to help you effectively deal with deviant, disruptive or negative behavior that may result from an employee's problems that impact work. Successful interviewing and questioning techniques are stressed. Identifying subordinates mistakes, making suggestions, helping employees solve their own problems and guiding them through issues are included.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify why employees don't perform well and practice selecting appropriate solutions to practice and "real" case studies.
- Increase the effectiveness of counseling results by recognizing personal biases and experiences that influence counseling techniques through inventories.
- Practice counseling techniques to meet given criteria in a role play.
- Get to the "real" problem by sorting symptoms and causes through a sample checklist for counseling subordinates.
- Gain employee commitment employees with appropriate and timely techniques.
- Identify a technique to develop subordinates for the future.
Unit 1: Overview
- Why employees don't perform well
- Terms: motivation, coaching, counseling, discipline
- Identify problems early and find appropriate solutions
- Check your attitude
Unit 2: Check Progress
- Assess current performance standards
- Give clear directions
- Give feedback and reinforcement
- Criteria for recognition
- Techniques to recognize peak performers
Unit 3: Identify Problems
- 14-step checklist to locate problems
- How to complete a performance analysis
- Sorting out symptoms and causes
- Learn from past mistakes
Unit 4: Correcting Errors
- Focus on behavior and review standards
- Create a plan and gain commitment
- Avoid pitfalls and create a future focus
Unit 5: Develop Subordinates for the Future
- Develop Subordinates for the Future
- Set goals and identify developmental activities
- Inventory your influencing skills
- Practice influencing skills
- Finish action planning
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.