MOTIVATE AND MANAGE PEOPLE SUCCESSFULLY
a one-day workshop
This workshop helps the manager recognize what motivates his/her employees through a job satisfaction inventory. Appropriate recognition systems and techniques are identified and customize for effective use. Motivation techniques are appropriate for marginal and peak performers.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify essential elements of clear communication and practice each
- Practice techniques to get others to listen to you
- Identify effective elements of a personal influencing style
- Identify what motivates workers
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your attitudes about leadership and motivation
- Identify the disparity between manager and worker perceptions of motivators
- Identify how aware you are of the needs of others
- Identify appropriate techniques of recognizing employee's work
- Develop a personal plan to implement new leadership and motivation techniques
- Identify why employees don't perform well
- Recognize personal biases and experiences that influence coaching techniques
Unit 1: Overview of Motivation
- Organizational myths
- What is effective motivation?
- Pitfalls of new supervisors in motivating others
Unit 2: Be a Clear Communicator
- Make it a two-way process
- Be a good listener
- Get people to listen to you
- How to give negative feedback
Unit 3: Manage Yourself and Influence Others
- Six skills for success
- Check your influencing style
- Practice effective styles
- What is power, how to use it
- Apply techniques of motivation to your employees
Unit 4: How effective are you?
- Do your attitudes help or hinder employee productivity and morale?
- Do you share the same view of work as your employees?
- Reach employees from other cultures
- Appropriate motivation techniques
- Reinforcements and rewards to boost productivity
Unit 5: How can I use these ideas?
- Design a personal application plan to implement new methods to motivate your employees
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.