PROFESSIONAL SALES PROSPECTING
a one-day workshop
This workshop is designed for those who make an initial contact with the customer over the phone. They can set the right or wrong tone for the customer and are the public relations arm of your organization. The impressions made and the service offered can enhance or destroy the image of your organization in a few minutes. For those already familiar with selling skills, application of this experience is made to the prospecting process.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Identify how his/her self-image influences successful prospecting.
- Apply current sales and communication skills to improve prospecting.
- Given a case study, role play three techniques to handle customer behaviors.
- Apply a four-step selling model to prospecting.
- Practice methods of assertively dealing with difficult customers and turning the conversation into a win/win situation.
Unit 1: What's your attitude
- The changing role in sales
- Maintaining a current customer
- Selling additional products to existing customers and finding new customers?
- What is the first impression you make and how to analyze your own image?
- Introduce yourself and your company
Unit 2: Prospecting
- Who are these prospects and where do you find them?
- Focus on the prospect: readiness, acceptance or indifference
Unit 3: Apply communication skills for prospecting
- Acknowledging and paraphrasing
- What makes for a winning script?
- Avoid sounding "canned"
- Control the conversation when customer questions take you off track
Unit 4: Handling resistance, negative behavior and objections
- Dealing with rejection in a positive manner
- How to close on a positive tone when you don't get the appointment
- Understand resistance
- The angry prospect
- Dealing with emotions assertively
- Avoid manipulations
- Win/win resolution
- Reach agreements
Unit 5: Follow-up and attend to details
This workshop qualifies for .6 of continuing education units.